Being used without knowledge in unemployment appeal, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

oncall

My mother was recently terminated at the same job I work at, but she works in a different department. Because the company could not disprove her claim that she was wrongfully terminated after being assaulted by another employee, she was granted unemployment as of a month and a half ago. She's due to get her second payment very soon. However, she just got paperwork in the mail stating that her company is trying to appeal the unemployment.
In the memos that were issued is one from my department, which is in an entirely different building. It says that the day my mother was fired I left work early to take her to the police station and to talk to a lawyer, both of which are fabrications. I left work early because of the emotional trauma involved with the incident and with my mother's termination. I was never advised of this memo being issued against me and I had absolutely nothing to do with my mother's termination. I was not even witness to the events that occurred, but now I'm being used in the appeal to have her denied her unemployment pay.
My question is, what actions do I have a right to take at this point? I am appalled and do not appreciate being used as a tool against my own mother, most especially if the information in that memo was false. Her hearing is going to be a phone interview on a high volume day...is she allowed to have witnesses in such a hearing? I'm not sure what to do, but I am furious that my operations manager would do this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back