Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Being Threatned with Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC77

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
im not proud to say, but I've been involved in a very ugly breakup involving cheating. Its terrible, and it shouldn't have gone on the way it did for so long...but it did. We're here.

A year ago, I asked a woman to stop contacting the man I was dating. He deleted her. Blocked her. And ignored her. But she continued to contact. I didn't say anything until after the break up a year later, present. I didn't have very nice things to say of what I thought about her and her disrespect for me. She insisted I was all wrong, they were only friends, and blocked my texts. A few weeks later up to this week, he was trying to reconcile. But I found out she had been sending naked pictures and cyber sexing. And talking marriage! I blew up and contacted her again through two medias, email and Facebook. I wasn't sure if she'd receive either of them. It was one message in response to her blatant disrespect, the same message, I wasn't sure which would go through. Again, a not very nice email, exactly what I think about her and her ways, and some things he had told me about her appearance and that she was only contacted because he was drunk. With explicit language. And yes, name calling.

I said what I had to say. She asked me to stop. I told her I would stop. I didn't once say anything threatening towards her. Say I would cause her any harm. Just my opinion of a cheating woman with explicit language.

I understand he is the root of the problem. Everything has been taken up with him as well. And I understand how juvenile this all is. But this is hurt and emotions...

She is now threatening to slap me with a harassment lawsuit. Like I said, I said what I had to say in response to her continued actions. I didn't send any threats. Nothing was public. Just an explicit opinion from me to her. And I agreed to stop. She is in North Carolina. I'm in another state.

Gee, that's a shame.

When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

It's easy and free to "threaten" a lawsuit, much harder and costly to file one.

It was incredibly foolish to have contacted or responded to her in the first place. Now, stop doing it. Block her and ignore her and don't have anything further to do with her or the guy and this will probably all blow over shortly.

Control your desire to get the last word in.

Thank you for your response. I didn't feel in the wrong confronting her for her actions. I only sent 2 messages weeks apart. The first a brief message to confront her contact, the second after finding out her sending naked pics and sexting, I told her what I thought. Does a person not have a right to express that?? She has sent several messages in return, for which I didn't respond except to tell her the conversation was over and I was done with contact. So technically she got the last word in. She sent many messages to him as well, threatening lawsuit. I didn't engage in her multiple responses or threats. I did block her. And him... I want to know what I should be prepared for if the worst. If she even has a leg to stand on... but I do hope it will blow over.

I told her what I thought. Does a person not have a right to express that??

Yes. A person also has the right to accept the consequences of that expression. No one ever said you can say whatever you want without any possible repercussions.

cbg, if you just want to be argumentative and not provide a productive answer, no need for you to comment here. Thank you.

I told her what I thought. Does a person not have a right to express that??

Yes. A person also has the right to accept the consequences of that expression. No one ever said you can say whatever you want without any possible repercussions.
cbg, if you just want to be argumentative and not provide a productive answer, no need for you to comment here. Thank you.
I'm sorry, but cbg did answer your question, but since you don't like that answer, you've perceived it as argumentative and 'unproductive'. I happen to agree with cbg - actions have consequences. Now you're reaping what you've sown. o_O

We don't permit personal attacks.

This thread has run its course.

DON'T OPEN ANOTHER ALONG THESE SAME OR SIMILAR LINES OF INQUIRY.

Who's being argumentative? I'm responding to your statement. You do have a right under the law to express your opinion; you do not have a guaranteed right to make any statement you want without fear of repercussions. There can be consequences to stating your opinion, even though you have a right to state it.

Only one arguing here is you, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back