Being sued for charges I did not know where occuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuredocbaker

I have a friend who put me on her credit card when I opened an account at a local gym. I finished and canncelled my memership that for some reason was not actually cancelled. Five months afterwards she informs me it was not cancelled and I had two weeks to pay her. I do not have the money and am willing to pay her as soom as I can, but she wants to take me to small claims court. I had not ideal these charges where even occuring. What should I do about it?

Is her mind made up when it comes to taking you to SMC? Can you not offer her an installment plan in writing showing that you are going to be acting in good faith? If she is absolutely resolute when it comes to taking you to small claims court, then when talking to the magistrate, state that you are willing to pay for what you owe, you just don't have the means to pay all at once and that you have offered that option to the plaintiff but she didn't accept that. Be prepared to show the judge what your current financial situation is. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back