Being sued, debt collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

username159

I need a lawyer or professional or any law advice please. I have been summoned to go to a court and am being sued. Can the summons or lawsuit be dropped if the papers say "Each plaintiff named above is a competent adult except plaintiff (name): _____ bank?" What does that mean? Can this law suit be dropped if they state are not a competent adult along with the summons and cover sheet? What should I do or answer/respond about this? Thank you.

I need a lawyer or professional or any law advice please. I have been summoned to go to a court and am being sued. Can the summons or lawsuit be dropped if the papers say "Each plaintiff named above is a competent adult except plaintiff (name): _____ bank?" What does that mean? Can this law suit be dropped if they state are not a competent adult along with the summons and cover sheet? What should I do or answer/respond about this? Thank you.

A bank is a legal entity. It's considered a person. A person, an adult resin, can file a lawsuit; or be sued. A bank didn't become an adult, it was created as one!

No, the lawsuit won't be dismissed because of language used in the proceeding.

If you haven't pad on this debt in years,the SOL might be helpful.

In MS, the SOL on credit card debts is 3 years.

Read this:

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...lection-reaffirm-statute-limitations-1294.php

Google the name of the law firm and lawyer suing you. Usually these lawsuits are scams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back