Being scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw1994

I'm looking for advice on a vehicle I bought about 2 years back. I made an agreement to pay on this vehicle till paid in full. Only signed notepad for the seller. Been making payments when I can for these 2 years. Now, he signed the title to me over a year ago with no lean, no acceptions. He signed it over to me. He is now saying he is going to the police because I apparently still owe money. Does he have a case since he's signed that vehicle to me so long ago?

I'm looking for advice on a vehicle I bought about 2 years back. I made an agreement to pay on this vehicle till paid in full. Only signed notepad for the seller. Been making payments when I can for these 2 years. Now, he signed the title to me over a year ago with no lean, no acceptions. He signed it over to me. He is now saying he is going to the police because I apparently still owe money. Does he have a case since he's signed that vehicle to me so long ago?

If the title has been signed off by the alleged lender (lien holder) to you, YOU OWN THE CAR.

He can go to the police, and IF things are EXACTLY as you say, the police will tell him, "Sorry, sir, but this appears to be a civil matter."

If you're smart, you'll simply stop communicating in anyway with him, in essence = IGNORE HIM!!!

If he sues you, you go to court and defend by producing the signed off title in YOUR name.

I can't show the title in court, because i've since sold it to another party. So i've got no ownership any longer, nor does he. Is there anyway he can still pursue this matter?

I no longer hold the title to the vehicle, i signed the title of the vehicle to another party. Because I assumed when it was in my name, it was mine. haha

I've ignored him..he's being cocky an ignorant about it all regardless. Although, i'm trying to avoid a legal issue. Do I have anything to worry about at this point?

He can still try suing you if he wishes - he may or may not win. There is no way for us to know for sure - judge/court decides.

I believe if he tries to get a lawyer, they'll probably tell him he shouldn't have signed over the vehicle without being paid..correct? I don't wanna rip him off, but hes ripping me off saying i'm owing more then I KNOW i do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back