Being ripped off by a car service dealer!

S

seaclaw

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I brought my car to a dealership for them to do an oil change and help me fixing a problem. The day before I went to a beach and got some sands on the wheels, when I drove home I felt like the steering is shaking, I didn't known what happened and I told the car technician over there to check it. After they do the oil change they become driving my car out of the dealer for testing, they went back and said my car wheels are fully load by mud and sands, to fix the problem they will take the wheels off and spray it with water. Totally it will cost me $95 just for letting them doing a carwash likes that and they called that a "repair". After they took the two front wheels off and rolled it to the back and using their facility water pine to flush some water throughout the wheels. At the time I was thinking that I felt like I am being ripped off by the dealer for letting them charges me too high, a $100 after tax and shop fees for washing a car wheels. I was forced to pay before I can leave because they said they already done my car while it not, I told them to stop and put the two front wheels on so I can leave in hurry, that a politely way I denied their overpriced services. After I went home and having free time to rethink about that, I totally felt disappointed for my nervous at the time to pay them and absolutely disatisfied with the service. My car now is still having the problem and they took my money for doing nothing to fix my car, I called and they said will finish the rest of washing when I bring the car back or there will be 0% of refund. I am so frustrated because I lost money for nothing, people took my money so easily. I wonder is their anyway I can have the money back? They said they will not refund a penny because I had already used their service and they will never care what I said anymore. Not known what to do in this situation, can the law help defending me in this scenario?

No one needs to refund another person money because he or she requests a refund.

You can sue for the refund of the lousy $100, but you have no legal basis under which you can prevail.

Dissatisfaction with a purchase isn't a legal reason for a court to rule in your favor.

It's possible that the diagnosis on your car was correct. If you watch the movie My Cousin Vinny you will see a scene where the protagonist complains about mud in the tires. He describes a similar problem about the car shimmying on the road. If you only had half the tires serviced, it's possible that the problem has not been resolved. I can't tell you whether the service was worth the money but if you go to a dealership, anything you do will cost more. And at least in my neighborhood there is a reasonable amount of time that it takes to remove tires from a car wash out all debris and then replace them. Whether the same cost of living exists in your neighborhood is another story. But I agree with @army judge that if you agreed to the service it would be difficult to rescind the agreement. You might be able to get half of the $100 back but then you might have to get those two tires serviced elsewhere. Ask yourself whether this is worth it.

Back