Being Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamgam

Hi, Just need some advice on if you feel if I was wrongfully terminated.

Ok I was a Retail/Pharmacy Manager been with the company 4 years. I was fired for violation of company policy. Basically I finished one of my workers training materials. I was trained how this is done. This company has 4008 stores and every store I have been in this is how its done. I was even on the east coast in newly gotten stores and this is how the managers were training them. Ok so that is that, but I feel like i was fired for other reasons.....

I NEVER been talked to, written up, had nothing but GREAT reviews, it so happens on the day i was got fired i was suppose to get my raise and my yearly bonus which should have been right around 3000. The training i completed was on april 4 they didn't fire me till april 27.

It just so happens we just got a new loss prevention manager that same week.

And I personally talked to my old one after being fired and he said it should have never happened. And that he says i am entitled to my bonus because it was earned from last year.

I have personally seen so many other violations go untouched! Worst just for instance a rx tech went and got her state funded WIC formula from other major retail chains and returned them for cash in our store. They did NOTHING to her said we need to treat her as a customer!

And my other big issue is that the district manager dates and lives with one of my co managers. It stated in our handbook that no senor mang may fratinize or have personal relations with any less senor assc! Is she getting the same treatment as me?

And so you know I was granted UIA in just 3 weeks from my date of term. THANK GOODNESS!

Any suggestions and input you can give would be great!

Thanks

Hi, Just need some advice on if you feel if I was wrongfully terminated.

Ok I was a Retail/Pharmacy Manager been with the company 4 years. I was fired for violation of company policy. Basically I finished one of my workers training materials. I was trained how this is done. This company has 4008 stores and every store I have been in this is how its done. I was even on the east coast in newly gotten stores and this is how the managers were training them. Ok so that is that, but I feel like i was fired for other reasons.....

I NEVER been talked to, written up, had nothing but GREAT reviews, it so happens on the day i was got fired i was suppose to get my raise and my yearly bonus which should have been right around 3000. The training i completed was on april 4 they didn't fire me till april 27.

It just so happens we just got a new loss prevention manager that same week.

And I personally talked to my old one after being fired and he said it should have never happened. And that he says i am entitled to my bonus because it was earned from last year.

I have personally seen so many other violations go untouched! Worst just for instance a rx tech went and got her state funded WIC formula from other major retail chains and returned them for cash in our store. They did NOTHING to her said we need to treat her as a customer!

And my other big issue is that the district manager dates and lives with one of my co managers. It stated in our handbook that no senor mang may fratinize or have personal relations with any less senor assc! Is she getting the same treatment as me?

And so you know I was granted UIA in just 3 weeks from my date of term. THANK GOODNESS!

Any suggestions and input you can give would be great!

Thanks

First of all, nothing anyone else may have done is determinative towards the outcome of your case.
You were fired for violating a company policy.
What you did is small potatoes, compared to stealing.
It might have been used to deny you your bonus.
With a chain as large as yours (4000 stores), I doubt that your $3,000 would break them (even in this economy).
You might have been fired because they were waiting for you to screw up.
You wait long enough, anyone will screw up.
You screwed up, because you did work for another employee.

Would you be allowed to legally take someone's drivers test?
Can you legally take someone's college final exam?
See the point?
That is why you were fired.
They could have done many things.
They chose to fire you.
They didn't fight your unemployment compensation.
That's good for you.
You have no legal grounds for which you can sue them.

A wrongful termination means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. If you still believe you were wrongfully termed, please identify what law you believe was violated by terming you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back