Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Being Extradited to Florida From Tennessee

R

russ.stevenson

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
My wife was arrested today in Nashville stemming from a warrant issued in Brevard County Florida. Florida is going to extradite her. I am told that I cannot bail her out until she gets to Florida. She is 66 years old and is terrified. The charges were brought by an evil cousin. Why can I not get her out?

My wife was arrested today in Nashville stemming from a warrant issued in Brevard County Florida. Florida is going to extradite her. I am told that I cannot bail her out until she gets to Florida. She is 66 years old and is terrified. The charges were brought by an evil cousin. Why can I not get her out?

Wait and see, just wait and see.

Generally people only get extradited between states for murder, rape, armed robbery, child molestation, stealing thousands of dollars, etc...

People get arrested, held for a few days until the requesting state says we ain't paying to have granny, gramps, junior, sweet Sally transported back to our state for shoplifting, stealing uncle Ben's golden ring, or Bubba's lawnmower.

Wait and see, and while you wait, contact a bail bondsman in the Florida county that allegedly wants granny and ask what Granny's bail will cost.

That is not true....at all!! about the authorities or "powers that be " only extraditing for murder, sex crimes, violent crimes... Etc, i have been extradited from 3 different states, all for petty and non violent crimes, Pennsylvania has extradited me from Florida for a retail theft charge, Maryland for a retail theft charge and new Jersey for a missed court date.
No matter what the extradition is for .... Violent or nonviolent, murder or punching a person, armed robbery or strong armed robbery, stealing gold bullion or salt and pepper packets, they will extradite for anything they see fit but please do not mistake me... They may not extradite her, just understand there is no set of guidelines they follow to extradite or not, it's not black or white, it all goes case by case, and in most ... If not all States... Every... Single extradition warrant has to be signed by the governor of the issuing state.

The reason u can't bail her out is bc a judge in another jurisdiction is the issuing authority of that warrant so any out of state judge doesn't have the power to override that warrant, unless it was from a higher court but even then that justice wouldn't go against the warrant unless there were obvious rights violations, so anyway... What basically happens is... Thru a traffic stop or police contact of some kind, a persons name gets ran thru a local and nation wide crime data base, better known as N.C.I.C. (National Crime Information Center) and if a warrant from out of state pops up then the police are duty bound by law to take that person info custody. And FYI it doesn't inform the police what the circumstances for the warrant are or how petty or how old or just how completely ridiculous the warrant actually is, all they can do is take said person into custody and reply to issuing authority that they have the person in custody so after that ...if the state sends back a reply that yes we want that person then they'll be held in jail without bail/bond. Next... Within a day or 2 after arrest the courts will hold an extradition hearing where the person can fight extradition or wave it and allow extradition to happen if it's waved the judge will give the issuing authority a time limit to make arrangements on getting the wanted person out there custody and back to stand in front of the judge who issued the warrant. Ill give u some of my personal examples.
In Maryland they gave Pennsylvania 7 days to come get me.
New Jersey gave pa 10 days. And Florida gave pa 14 days.
So if it's something totally stupid like a missed court date that they're disrupting u and your unfortunate friends entire lives then there's a good chance they'll be released upon standing in front of that judge.
Any other questions lemme know?? Hope that helped

Last edited:
That is not true....at all!! about the authorities or "powers that be " only extraditing for murder, sex crimes, violent crimes... Etc, i have been extradited from 3 different states, all for petty and non violent crimes, Pennsylvania has extradited me from Florida for a retail theft charge, Maryland for a retail theft charge and new Jersey for a missed court date.

The reason u can't bail her out is bc a judge in another jurisdiction is the issuing authority of that warrant so any out of state judge doesn't have the power to override that warrant, unless it was from a higher court but even then that justice wouldn't go against the warrant unless there were obvious rights violations, so anyway... What basically happens is... Thru a traffic stop or police contact of some kind, a persons name gets ran thru a local and nation wide crime data base, better known as N.C.I.C. (National Crime Information Center) and if a warrant from out of state pops up then the police are duty bound by law to take that person info custody. And FYI it doesn't inform the police what the circumstances for the warrant are or how petty or how old or just how completely ridiculous the warrant actually is, all they can do is take said person into custody and reply to issuing authority that they have the person in custody so after that ...if the state sends back a reply that yes we want that person then they'll be held in jail without bail/bond. Next... Within a day or 2 after arrest the courts will hold an extradition hearing where the person can fight extradition or wave it and allow extradition to happen if it's waved the judge will give the issuing authority a time limit to make arrangements on getting the wanted person out there custody and back to stand in front of the judge who issued the warrant. Ill give u some of my personal examples.
In Maryland they gave Pennsylvania 7 days to come get me.
New Jersey gave pa 10 days. And Florida gave pa 14 days.
So if it's something totally stupid like a missed court date that they're disrupting u and your unfortunate friends entire lives then there's a good chance they'll be released upon standing in front of that judge.
Any other questions lemme know?? Hope that helped
Oh and btw... There is no set time limit in the amount of time a state has to come get to ur friend, don't take my examples as how long it'll take, it's at the discretion of the judge hearing the extradition case but u can bet the farther away the state that wants your friend... The longer the judge will give them to come for that person. I know when i was extradited from Florida to Pennsylvania... Pa hired a company that specializes in prisoner transport and not by airplane either, i was bounced around jail to jail, vehicle to vehicle... Up the east coast for 11 days, oh Yea.... Shackled and cuffed for the duration.... At least it was front hand cuffs

Oh and btw... There is no set time limit in the amount of time a state has to come get to ur friend, don't take my examples as how long it'll take, it's at the discretion of the judge hearing the extradition case but u can bet the farther away the state that wants your friend... The longer the judge will give them to come for that person. I know when i was extradited from Florida to Pennsylvania... Pa hired a company that specializes in prisoner transport and not by airplane either, i was bounced around jail to jail, vehicle to vehicle... Up the east coast for 11 days, oh Yea.... Shackled and cuffed for the duration.... At least it was front hand cuffs, I'm sorry!!! I'm probably completely stressing u out over all this, Tennessee to Florida??? Florida will most likely come get her themselves, hiring a company is for long distance traveling, but while they're in transit don't be surprised if u don't hear from her, they wont allow communication to or from anyone on the road during the extradition process ... And that's for obvious reasons u can guess, good luck and let me know if that helped. **STAY STRONG**

Last edited:
That is completely false, but it seems to be a popular misconception bc a logical thinking person would make the assumption that the authorities wouldn't waste tax payer money to extradite grandpa for forgetting to pay for that daily paper in your local
7-11 or that prepubescent delinquent who never finished community service for tagging up the township highschool before moving out of state with daddy.... So yes... Absolutely...yes!! It is at the discretion of ... Maybe the district attorney, maybe the probation/parole department and or a judge.
Wait and see, just wait and see.

Generally people only get extradited between states for murder, rape, armed robbery, child molestation, stealing thousands of dollars, etc...

People get arrested, held for a few days until the requesting state says we ain't paying to have granny, gramps, junior, sweet Sally transported back to our state for shoplifting, stealing uncle Ben's golden ring, or Bubba's lawnmower.

Wait and see, and while you wait, contact a bail bondsman in the Florida county that allegedly wants granny and ask what Granny's bail will cost.

Last edited:
That is completely false, but it seems to be a popular misconception bc a logical thinking person would make the assumption that the authorities wouldn't waste tax payer money to extradite grandpa for forgetting to pay for that daily paper in your local
7-11 or that prepubescent
I guess you didn't read what AJ wrote, nor do you realize that he's not only an attorney, but has been a judge. But, please, feel free to make yourself unwelcome.

I guess you didn't read what AJ wrote, nor do you realize that he's not only an attorney, but has been a judge. But, please, feel free to make yourself unwelcome.
Do i sense a little attitude in ur reply? I apologize if i said something to offend u and yes i did read it and yes i see he's an attorney etc, but i can bet u this ... He's an attorney who's never been extradited tho i didn't graduate ....i was a law student, regardless...i am a person who's been extradited ... Multiple times and each time was for petty ... Waste of tax payer dollars, and each time was for nonviolent offenses .... Despite what your lawyer said, inaccurate information like that can cause ppl a whole lot of drama, i just set the record straight and if that got your panties in a bunch, I'm sorry, don't wanna upset u but as far as u injecting yourself in something that ... Not only didn't involve u but Was a topic that is beyond u, your experience and u know nothing about... So until u can add something that's doesn't show your cretinous brain, your pedestrian thoughts and obtuse comments... Keep your 2 hollow cents to yourself, your unnecessary comments were offensive ... To say the least

and p.s. i will welcome/unwelcome myself in any damn forum or thread i damn well please... And I'll do it without your authorization your highness, thanx for the simpleminded thought tho

Back