Being accused of favoritism

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbootsca

Folks, I'm being accused of treating 1 associate better than others. Fact is I've given all of my associates alot of freedom with their schedules. They however, have issued a complaint indicating that this 1 associate has been given yet more feedom with her schedule. I've also assigned this individual more tasks and I guess they haven't taken well to that either.

In fact, I've assigned this individual more tasks for reasons related to superior work performance. Yet, I'm now under paid suspension pending the investigation. I've supported factual documentation that justifies all of my actions.

There hasn't been any promotion for this individual, and as far as pay is concerned, this individual has earned what was reasonable given her recent performance review (and approved by my director who is also investigating this).

I'm totally dis-heartened by all this. My character is in question and that ought never be the case. Help?

I don't know what kind of help you are looking for. If someone perceives favoritism, whether it actually exists or not, the company needs to investigate it. For all you know, the investigation will clear you of any wrongdoing.

Hopefully you'll be cleared and be able to view this a learning opportunity. Let me ask you this...Are employees paid by the task or paid some type of commission or other monetary type compensation per task? If yes, then other considerations should be taken into account when assigning tasks, such as senority and some type of parity should exist between all employees so that one isn't making considerably more than another. Just something to think about.....if doesn't apply then nevermind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back