Criminal Law Because of my immigration matter, I had better NOT expunge my case, really!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me9uill0ry

I've been living peacefully since I got my GC on 2001. My GC was based on marriage. On Sep/2009 I got arrested for a DUI. I had no criminal record in the both Japan and USA. DA offered me a deferred FELONY provided 2 yrs probation, because I ran away from patrol cars when I was pulled over!
Although I faced a felony charge of eluding, my Green Card was renewed successfully last May!

My probation ended in July 6, 2012.
My probation officer told me how to expunge my case from record.
My case has been still showed up since I haven't expunge it yet... It shows my 4 charges which were waived and my another 2 charges, DUI and Felony Eluding which were dismissed in my criminal record. It still looks VERY bad whenever my employers do background check on me in future…

Therefore, I'd like to expunge my case!

However, my immigration lawyer says that I had better NOT expunge my case because of my immigration matter! Is that true that USCIS may command to reopen my case whenever I apply for the US citizenship 5 years later!?

I am not sure yet whether I apply for the citizenship 5 years later or renew GC 10 years later...!?

I really would like to expunge my case because of my re-employment matter!!!

How about reporting honestly to USCIS!? I will be able to tell the truth to USCIS that I convicted for DUI and Felony Eluding in 2009 Fall, whenever I apply for the citizenship in future… I can submit my police record & report, court record etc. and paperwork for my expungement to USCIS if I am required!

What do you think? Had I better expunge my case or NOT…!?

Sincerely,

I suggest you do what YOUR immigration lawyer (who knows your case), the one you paid suggested.
Or, hire another immigration lawyer and seek another opinion.
Don't trust your future to strangers you know nothing about.
We also don't know enough to advise you on such a complicated case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back