based on a phone call

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwantmykidsback

Can any one please tell me the proper steps that cps is suppose to take before removing a child from your home. What are the laws exactly where a normal person can understand them.Please I'm running out of time. Court is on the third and I'm last and so scared. Please help me, thank you.

Can any one please tell me the proper steps that cps is suppose to take before removing a child from your home. What are the laws exactly where a normal person can understand them.Please I'm running out of time. Court is on the third and I'm last and so scared. Please help me, thank you.
That is quite a broad question tnat cannot be answered with any ease.

In general, if CPS feels that the allegations and supporting evidence (claims, physical evidence, corroborated interviews, among others) are sufficient to show that the child faces a likelihood of continued harm if permitted to remain in he home, then they may seek to remove a child immediately and THEN petition the court. If the child is not at immediate risk, they can still file for a petition through the court seeking to remove the child.

What process they take depends on the details and the allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back