Consumer Law, Warranties Banned from Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredAF

I had an issue with a Craigslist purchase I made from someone that owns a Restaurant. The items were misrepresented. After sending a lengthy private Facebook, she agreed after some ranting to take the items back. I am to meet her outside of her restaurant because I am not allowed to set foot inside. She also proceeded to tell me that I am not allowed to eat there, she just want to get me out of her life. The purchase had nothing to do with the restaurant. I'm familiar with the restaurant and have no intension of eating there, but can she ban me for no reason other than she is upset with me.

As long as it isn't a case of discrimination, a business reserves the right NOT to serve anyone.
Such refusal could be related to the old no shoes, no shirt, no service admonishment.
Or, it might be related to loud, obnoxious behavior, or simp,y because the owner chooses not to serve you.
You might recall the old Seinfeld episode, "Soup Nazi".
So, yes, you can be refused service just because.

If you have no intention of eating at the restaurant anyway, it shouldn't matter to you that you were banned which she did have the right to do.

You are absolutely right. I live by the mottos, " What goes around, comes around" & "Things always work out for the best". BTW, love the bottom line. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back