Personal Bankruptcy bankruptcy and judgements

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfloflo

my girl friend got her car in the divorce. But due to loss wages she is behind on her car payment and can not afford it any more. She is going to turn it back in the the loan company. He said he will get a judgment against her for the car. Can she file bankruptcy on this judgement.

I am considering filing bankruptcy, however I can not offerd the $3000 legal fee right now. So my question is should I continue to make small partial payments ex: monthly fee $200. I could pay $25.00 or stop paying all together. Thanks for your assistance

Usually if you file a bankruptcy 13 they will put your legal fees in the repayment plan-- on a chapter 7 I think you may have to pay that up front or you can always go prose which is ALOT cheaper however you must pay attention to deadlines etc.. Call around on different bankruptcy attorneys for there prices or if they have a payment plan -- if you quit paying all together the creditors could start legal action and garnish, however just paying a small amount does not really make the creditor happy or your wallet happy especially since you are not getting anywhere with paying those balances down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back