Consumer Fraud Bally Total Fitness cancel membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

quitbally

I need help canceling my Bally Total Fitness Membership. I have fulfilled all contract terms, and sent letters to both addresses (with signature confirmation) as directed by their "member services". They still refuse to cancel the membership. Bally Corporate says the franchise is responsible, Bally Franchise says Corporate is responsible. Beyond this, they've begun charging me 2x/month, and suddenly my membership fee has doubled for the pending charge in January. What do I do?

I need help canceling my Bally Total Fitness Membership. I have fulfilled all contract terms, and sent letters to both addresses (with signature confirmation) as directed by their "member services". They still refuse to cancel the membership. Bally Corporate says the franchise is responsible, Bally Franchise says Corporate is responsible. Beyond this, they've begun charging me 2x/month, and suddenly my membership fee has doubled for the pending charge in January. What do I do?

Unless you want the greedy pigs to ruin your credit, pay them their tribute.
Then file a claim to get it back in small claims court.
Do that a couple of times, they'll get the message, and you'll get your freedom.

But first, you really need to read that ever-so-easy-to-ignore small print.

The very small print.

Because Bally is notorious for .... I'll be polite ... misinforming clients about the actual length and terms of the contract.

If you do a google search on this fitness center, you will find a lot of info re complaints & other info about their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back