Bakery Negligence Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmart

Please advice on how to proceed. My son received a indiviual birhtday cake from a friend that was purchased at a local grocery store. Upon eating the cake he tasted something minty. He then chew a bit more sd felt weird for cake. Spit the cake into his hands and there was gum in it. I don't know what to do. Should I take him and the gum to the hospital to be checked. Notify the store to advice of the negligence on there bakery or what.

Please advice on how to proceed. My son received a indiviual birhtday cake from a friend that was purchased at a local grocery store. Upon eating the cake he tasted something minty. He then chew a bit more sd felt weird for cake. Spit the cake into his hands and there was gum in it. I don't know what to do. Should I take him and the gum to the hospital to be checked. Notify the store to advice of the negligence on there bakery or what.

If you are looking into a big pay out for finding a piece of gum on your son's cake, you are in for a big surprise. Unless you can prove to the courts that the gum has triggered an allergic reaction that has put him into the hospital for several days or that the finding of the gum caused your son a tremendous deal of emotional distress, you just have another frivoulous lawsuit case on your hands and I doubt that, in this day and age, you will find an attorney that will take your case. Write a letter or contact the manager of the bakery and let them know what happened and I am sure, they will apologize for the inconvenience that it may have caused you and probably give you another cake (which I think it is fair).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back