bad web reviews of my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukurini1

maybe ill get more help in this forum than general criminal law
An employee of ours hired about 8 months ago, had an affair with a married woman 1 1/2 years ago. the woman abruptly left her husband and moved in with our employee, causing them to divorce, etc.. the angry husband then posted on online review websites such as yahoo, insiderpage, yellowbook, etc..for that company, the whole story. later the employee got fired, or quit that company and was hired at mine. we have over 300 employee's. we didn't check those sites b4 hiring him. Now the x-husband found out he works for us and has posted the whole sordid dirty story on lots of review sites for our company also. its very embarrassing for us and maybe will damage our reputation or anyway his as one of our supervisors on jobsites. an atty/going to court (texas) would cost us lots of time and money. the X now lives out of state also. what should we do? is what he did really illegal? any advice helpful.

What he did if I understand you is to commit liable. I would have my attorney send him a cease and desist letter and also send letters to every company who's website he posted to. They will take down the offending content. Will he listen? I don't know, but no one likes to be sued. Follow through if he doesn't quit and sue him. When he gets that first $5000 bill from the attorney to answer your suit he will be looking for a way to get away from you not to continue to publish lies about you.

but he claims the story is all true and he can prove it? also i looked up "libel" on wiki and it doesn't sound like its really that. and what about our employee, with all these bad things written about him in cyberspace that link him to our company? and X being out of state? i should just fire the guy for this hassel his lack of morals has caused our business?

What exactly is the ex saying about your company that you think would harm your company? I guess I misunderstood your first post in that I thought that he was posting something untrue about your company. Tell me what he is saying and I can possibly help you.

He is either committing Libel (despite your legal opinion and your research from Wikki) or he is committing tortious interference with a business relationship. If you tell me exactly what he is saying maybe that will help me to better answer you.

he's telling the whole story how the employee met his wife in a bar where she worked nites, began coming in nitely, gave her some weed for a tip, rented an apt nearby their home, then began having an affair at their house while husband was at work, then 2 months later, wife disappears from bar and moves in with him, then he helps wife divorce husband, ending with "what kind of guys do they hire here at *****company? he doesnt say anything about our company until that last sentence, but its posted at reviews under our company name/location. ????help

then theres the issue of his being out of state now. would a court force him, and how, to come to texas for trail? or is it too minor an offence for enforcement? does his being out of state make it a felony? btw, our attorneys sent him a cease and desist letter cuz he also emailed all people in our office the story, i guess in order to embarrass him and get me to fire him? but theres still the issue of the review websites posts which still sit out there.

It isn't a crime at all. So it wouldn't be a felony. If anything it is a civil tort. He is interfering with your business relationships and you could sue him for it. I would have my lawyer send him another letter saying that he is to stop mentioning your company at all or you will bring suit against him. Tell him that you are not involved in this problem and to stop harassing your company or you will sue him and start causing him problems. That should stop your problem.

it isnt a crime to post such reviews? ok we'll do that. but again if we sue him how to force him to come here? and the reviews still sit there on those sites for all to read and some of those sites dont screen anyones reviews so anything goes. a civil tort? ill wikipedia that. does it really apply since he's not actually interfering with our business but just telling a story. thanks for youre help. rsvp

ok, according to wiki, under tortious interference, typical examples. it says; "when FALSE claims are made against a business or individual's reputation in order to drive business away." the x-husband says these claims are true. and they were made on these online review websites under our business name, but not directed at our business, only at the wifes lover/our employee. ? should we just fire the guy and demand the xhusband remove all these bad reviews?

kukurini1 said:
are there no more opinions on this subject?
You don't need lawyers to answer your questions, you have Wiki!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back