Bad neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejerome

I have bad neighbors that live to make my life miserable. They want my family to move because they feel we are imposing on their homestead. We live in the country and there are not many close neighbors. They have to drive by my house to get to their house and they constantly speed by to disturb us and raise a ton of dust from the gravel driveway. We have already contacted the local sheriff's dept and they tell us there is nothing we can do because the driveway is private property. Is there anything we can do to get them to quit dusting us out and waking us up at night? We had watered their driveway to help hold down the dust, but the sheriff's dept told us to stop because the owner didn't want our water on his property. How do we keep his dust off of our property???? We have no ordinances in the country area. Their driveway tinhorn is also stopped up and causes some flooding on our property when we get significant rainfall.

First of all you should start documenting all this. Take pictures or a video of what happens when they drive by, of the conditions of your land before and after, and also of all other conditions which might be caused by them or their land.

You might have a case of "nuisance" or even "trespass" which in other words means that for conditions coming from their land creates a situation because of which you cannot enjoy your land. If any tangible matter from their land enters your land it is called trespass.

Once you have enough documentation you go and have a lawyer evaluate it if it is enough to bring an action against your neighbors. If it is, you start negotiating with them, if they don't want to, you sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back