Bad Neighbors in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarendt1

My husband and I are at our wits end. We have an ongoing neighbor problem that we've tried to ignore but it is just getting worse. We don't know what kind of lawyer we even need. Can anyone help?

We moved into an upscale neighborhood in June 2002. We had built our house.

In April 2003, we asked our neighbor if we could build a shed in our backyard. He is a vocal member of the architectural committee of our homeowners association. He said yes and that we didn't have to submit an approval request. He even went with my husband to Lowe's to get the supplies. The shed was identical to one that was in a neighbors yard on the other side of these people's property. About a month into construction, the lady of the house (he says wife, but we have since learned the she goes by a different last name) objected to the shed. She said it blocked her view of our tree line. We came to an agreement to put up trees and decorative foilage at our expense around the shed. The next day, she had a cease and desist order on our front door. The tensions escalated. They claimed that we were blocking water flowing from their property to ours. We had been in the house for less than a year and we had a new baby. We wanted to keep the peace, so we tore down the shed. We asked them into our house to talk out the tension and issues. They said very negative things to us. We decided to keep our distance.

In the past 2 years, they have stolen political signs, thrown beer bottles into our flower beds, stare at us when we come home, follow us in their car to the local park, play loud music, let their dogs loose in the backyard whenever we go outside, poisoned a crepe myrtle tree and trespass into our gated backyard despite a no trespassing sign. We installed a security camera, caught him on camera and have reported him to the police.

We have our house for sale. But that still hasn't stopped the nonsense. They have sent us a letter threatening to sue us for harrassment, despite the fact that we haven't spoken to them and have avoided them for 2 years. Does anyone know what kind of lawyer we can call to help us?

Frantic in Texas

my neighbors & their guests always park in front of my house then walk to their house. Can anything be done to stop this?

You revived an 8 year old post somehow. You should start a new thread when asking a new question.

In short. No, there is nothing to do unless they are illegally parked. Your best solution is to politely ask them to not park there. You don't own the public street in front of your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back