Bad Caterer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandiblast

I hired a caterer for my daughters wedding. We paid $21 per person for food. Most of the food was terrible. Some things were so dry, others burnt, the salmon bundles were so small and only 1 per person. The nut encrusted chicken wings were soggy, the mini burgers were more like oblong meatballs, and the buns were only small split buns. I expected the kind of mini burgers you get in resturants, with a mini hamburger and mini hamburger bun. We told her that my husband was allergic to strawberries but we still wanted a fruit tray, and he would not eat that. Almost every dish was garnished with strawberries. What I want to know is can I sue for the price I paid for the food? How would I go about that? Should I ask her for my money back on the food first? I know that the staff were not to blame and the rental of the equipment is also aside from this.

Have you tried writing a complaint letter and see what happens? If you give them an accurate description of what you just wrote on your posting, I am sure that, if this business is a reputable business, they will try to come to an agreement with you on what can be done to make this situation a little better. If they don't budge and you still feel that it is worth pursuing it in court, you can file a claim in small claims court for the items that you ordered a certain way and were delivered to you in a completely different fashion. You should only dispute the food since the other services were up to standard. Hope this helps!

How about just calling up the person you did business with, presumably the caterer, and telling them what an awful experience you had. You're certainly not one to complain about every little detail but at least if they were serving frozen food they'd be able to thaw it out completely before serving soggy and obviously not fresh morsels for your event. Typically it's easiest to make the complaints before paying the second half of the bill (usually it's deposit plus the remainder after the event) and also after making complaints during the course of the event to other people. See what you can work out. Sure you can sue but you're not there yet and you also haven't put a price on what you think you should have paid. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back