Backround Check Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicklgs

My jurisdiction is: PA

Hey hows it going? Well I started filling out a app for Boeing and came across

"Under your current name or any other name, have you entered a plea of guilty or no contest or otherwise been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony offense against criminal, civil, or military law; or are you currently under charges (including deferred sentences or deferred prosecutions) for any offense against criminal, civil, or military law? " Yes or No

I have Attempt to sell, Conspiracy and 1 other felony. At the time I was only 17 (I'm now 18) and was charged as a juvenile never convicted was adjudicated i got 12 months probation 64 hours C.S. I can go back into court June of 2009 for expungment. Will this keep me out of getting into Boeing? What do I put down for that Question Yes or No? and it says if Yes what would i put down for these 2?

Nature of offense

Disposition

Thanks

I would put it down

Boeing is a government contractor and they need security
clearances on personnel a number of times, so there's a
chance of your matter being exposed, expunged or not

Admit to it now, or have it come up later

I would put it down

Boeing is a government contractor and they need security
clearances on personnel, the chances of your matter being
exposed, expunged or not are good

Admit to it now, or have it come up later

So...the fact that one's juveniile criminal record is sealed when the person turns 18 has no bearing whatsoever on this issue? I don't mean to pry--I'm just fascinated by the law I guess...or rather the interpretation of it.

I suppose from these sites that the process isn't automatic although I'm assuming that if he could have had his record sealed with those felonies on his juvenile records, he would have. I guess the question becomes: if he did petition to have his record sealed, and it was, then that means they won't "come up later"...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back