Backpack law ?

Niklas stetson

Jurisdiction
Florida
I myself and my girlfriend ride motorcycles in Florida. I know it's not discrimination for telling us as soon as we enter a gas station they tell my girlfriend to leave her backpack at the front. She keeps her important items inside her backpack. Speedway doesn't have a no backpack policy as far as i know. We cant just leave a backpack outside and if we leave it in the front and it gets stolen its not like they will replace the items in her backpack if it was stolen. I dont want to sue and no i am not looking for any grounds to sue. I just want to know if we can say "no" and pick upvour 1.09 dollar sweet tea and pay and leave? It wasn't the supervisor. A woman went infront of us and had a huge purse. (As big as my girlfriends backpack) but she was able to shop without being given dirty looks?

I just want to know if we can say "no" and pick upvour 1.09 dollar sweet tea and pay and leave?

You can say almost ANYTHING your brain orders your tongue and mouth to emit!

However, that doesn't mean that any merchant has to permit your entry wearing a backpack.

That said, you aren't forced to buy things where your custom is unappreciated.

You are free to spend your hard earned loot where your custom is appreciated.

You could purchase your drinks in bulk, place them in your backpacks, and pull them out during your ride.

Only you can protect you, because no one but you gives a crap about you!

I just want to know if we can say "no" and pick upvour 1.09 dollar sweet tea and pay and leave?

You can say "no."

But if you get asked to leave before you get your drink, you leave without your drink.

Alternatives:

Carry your drinks from home.
Shop elsewhere.
Install a locking storage compartment on your bikes.

Thank you all for your quick replies. But what about a messenger bag like the one lady had (i just found out it was a messenger bag) and is basically a backpack

But what about a messenger bag like the one lady had (i just found out it was a messenger bag) and is basically a backpack

Ask the store management, ask the store clerk, ultimately the answer that matters comes from those who manage or operate the store.

Anything a numbnuts like me says won't matter when you tell the clerk who screams, "Get out of my store, you thief, or I'm calling the police!"

what about a messenger bag like the one lady had (i just found out it was a messenger bag) and is basically a backpack

No it isn't. That's like saying an apple is the same an orange because they are both fruits.

Anyway, it's a matter of perception.

People who carry backpacks are perceived as being low class. People with messenger bags are perceived as being high class. Nothing illegal about that type of discrimination.

Just like an unkempt person is treated with disdain while a well dressed person is treated with respect.

Thank you all for your quick replies. But what about a messenger bag like the one lady had (i just found out it was a messenger bag) and is basically a backpack

Unless the store is making the choice of who can bring in bags based on race, color, religion, etc it is not violating the law.

Back