Background checks and verification of Legal status

Legal Begal

Jurisdiction
New York
How do you find out a persons legal status?Say a person cleared background checks for jobs and online background checks, is there any other indication where they might have a fugitive status. If so where can you look and find out? Is there a key data base somewhere?

How do you find out a persons legal status?

Please define what you mean by "legal status" and explain for what purpose you want to know it.

Say a person cleared background checks for jobs and online background checks, is there any other indication where they might have a fugitive status.

That would be a case by case inquiry.

Is there a key data base somewhere?

There are tons of data bases.

How do you find out a persons legal status?Say a person cleared background checks for jobs and online background checks, is there any other indication where they might have a fugitive status. If so where can you look and find out? Is there a key data base somewhere?

A standard criminal background check would show if they had any outstanding charges against them.

Please define what you mean by "legal status" and explain for what purpose you want to know it.

That would be a case by case inquiry.

There are tons of data bases.
Can you tell me more about the case by case inquiry? Does that mean it only shows up in certain ways? I'm trying to find out if I'm being pranked. If there is something there I want to know about it.

Last edited:
Can you tell me more about the case by case inquiry? Does that mean it only shows up in certain ways? I'm trying to find out if I'm being pranked.
There are tons of databases out there. Each one will likely have the same information, but with some minor differences, depending on where they get their information from.

Can you tell me more about the case by case inquiry? Does that mean it only shows up in certain ways? I'm trying to find out if I'm being pranked.

The obvious solution would be to ignore a prankster.

A legitimate law enforcement agency doesn't alert a person about an arrest warrant.

A real law enforcement agency would simply locate you, travel to the location where the suspect resides or works, and effect the arrest.

A prankster, scammer, or a collection agency would employ suspect methods to intimidate their target.

The only exception to the aforementioned tactics by a legitimate law enforcement agency would be for a high profile person, as in a known personality, wealthy person, or political figure. Those individuals are usually arrested after the agency makes arrangements for the target to surrender himself/herself at a prearranged time and location.

The obvious solution would be to ignore a prankster.

A legitimate law enforcement agency doesn't alert a person about an arrest warrant.

A real law enforcement agency would simply locate you, travel to the location where the suspect resides or works, and effect the arrest.

A prankster, scammer, or a collection agency would employ suspect methods to intimidate their target.

The only exception to the aforementioned tactics by a legitimate law enforcement agency would be for a high profile person, as in a known personality, wealthy person, or political figure. Those individuals are usually arrested after the agency makes arrangements for the target to surrender himself/herself at a prearranged time and location.

I'm intimidated but I don't match any of what you described. I'm not in debt, I was not given any pre arranged location to do anything. No officer or agent showed themselves in any obviously way that I know of.

I was approched by a co-worker who greeted me, wanted to know my name, my age then he accidentally asked "what are you running from" then backed away from that question to ask "what are you doing in (the city I'm in)" then asked "who are you with?" Those are all weird questions indicating I'm a fugitive in hiding.

The person was foriegn and was obviously amature and unprepared, not to mention the poor english that made him blur out "what are you running from."

Was he made to do this like a Confidential Informer trying to reduce his time or punishment for favors?

My background check is clean. And for whatever reason I was told he had to go back to his home county and I haven't seen him since. I was also told he is still employed to be back however. Maybe it was his work visa?

Who could have sent him?
Why don't they show themselves?
If I'm not a fugitive then what am I?

Last edited:
Can you tell me more about the case by case inquiry? Does that mean it only shows up in certain ways?

How about you answer my questions?

That said, I suggest you re-read what you wrote that prompted my "case by case" response: "Say a person cleared background checks for jobs and online background checks, is there any other indication where they might have a fugitive status." In the abstract and without any relevant information whatsoever, it's possible that there could be an "indication" of just about anything.

Was he made to do this like a Confidential Informer trying to reduce his time or punishment for favors?

. . .

Who could have sent him?

Why would you think, anyone here would have answers to any of these questions?

Who could have sent him?

I doubt that anyone worth his or her salt would send a bungler to do anything.

If you are ever approached by an anonymous person, I hope you understand that you are under no legal duty to even acknowledge the interloper, much less answer ANY questions.

According to your TOP POST, the bungler did show himself.

I have no idea if you are or aren't a fugitive from justice.

I know that I'm not a fugitive from justice.

Once the bungler attempted to become an inquisitor, I would have simply walked away.

In fact, knowing ME as well as I do, I'd have never stopped to speak with him in the first place.

He's messing with you.
But when I answered him wrong about something personal, he asked "Are you sure?" He knew the answers.
I doubt that anyone worth his or her salt would send a bungler to do anything.

If you are ever approached by an anonymous person, I hope you understand that you are under no legal duty to even acknowledge the interloper, much less answer ANY questions.

According to your TOP POST, the bungler did show himself.

I have no idea if you are or aren't a fugitive from justice.

I know that I'm not a fugitive from justice.

Once the bungler attempted to become an inquisitor, I would have simply walked away.

In fact, knowing ME as well as I do, I'd have never stopped to speak with him in the first place.

I'm new, I thought he was my superior.

How about you answer my questions?

That said, I suggest you re-read what you wrote that prompted my "case by case" response: "Say a person cleared background checks for jobs and online background checks, is there any other indication where they might have a fugitive status." In the abstract and without any relevant information whatsoever, it's possible that there could be an "indication" of just about anything.

Why would you think, anyone here would have answers to any of these questions?
Well, he suggests I was running from something and it was after everything coming back clean. So I thought, could there be anything else?

When I read what you said he said, my first thought was that his English is poor, he was trying to make polite conversation and he used the wrong words. I talk to a lot of people for whom English is not their first language and they often confuse what they are trying to say.

I think you're making something out of nothing.

Well, he suggests I was running from something. . . .

Are you running from something?

No need to answer that. No one here can help you figure out what this guy was doing, but if you are running from something, you might want to figure out a way to deal with it. And if you're not, then who gives a bleep what this guy was saying?

When I read what you said he said, my first thought was that his English is poor, he was trying to make polite conversation and he used the wrong words. I talk to a lot of people for whom English is not their first language and they often confuse what they are trying to say.

I think you're making something out of nothing.

He accidentally blured out "what are you running from?" Then back up in to Ita different question, "what are you doing in (the city I'm in)." It was no accident that the first question was what he was really asking. He just couldn't articulate the language so he won't get caught.

He accidentally blured out "what are you running from?" Then back up in to Ita different question, "what are you doing in (the city I'm in)." It was no accident that the first question was what he was really asking. He just couldn't articulate the language so he won't get caught.

So, what are you running from?

Because a normal person, who wasn't running from anything, would just think it was either an odd question or an attempt at humor.

In your opinion.

In mine, there was nothing for him to get caught AT. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

But let's assume you are right. If you're NOT running from anything and you're NOT a fugitive than what the **ck difference does it make what he meant?

Are you running from something?

No need to answer that. No one here can help you figure out what this guy was doing, but if you are running from something, you might want to figure out a way to deal with it. And if you're not, then who gives a bleep what this guy was saying?

My record is clean. My job saw nothing and I saw nothing before I applied. I need to find out for sure. Where can I go look to be certain?

In your opinion.

In mine, there was nothing for him to get caught AT. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

But let's assume you are right. If you're NOT running from anything and you're NOT a fugitive than what the **ck difference does it make what he meant?

This might have happened before I just kept ignored it until now. If it's just gonna keep happening I want to know how.

The difference is I'm questioning it this time because I have a clear record, or at least a record that doesn't show it.

Back