Back Rent Owed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacquels714

My Ex-Financee' & I were going to moved to DC. He started a new job as a Deputy Director & left first, leaving me with the rent. Both of our names were on the lease. Being that this was a huge move financially he wasn't able to pay his part of rent so I picked up his part. Well, for nearly 2 years, he didn't pay one cent for this reason or another, suits for meetings or business trips, etc... :no: We broke up during this time of course. :yes: He continued to promise & promise. :eek: He left his dog for me to take care of (food & vet bills) & he left behind quite a bit of his belongings. He didn't pay his share on the cell bill, which accumulated to over $1000. I've since moved out and on but I feel I am due his share of back rent as well as money for the other bills. I struggled very hard to keep a roof over my head because of our situation & he never tried to give me some relief. I gave his items to a good friend of his he was supposed to pick them up & took the dog to the Animal Shelter when I moved. I think I did my share of trying to be a good person. He knew my mom was elderly & in a financial situation in another city and that I was helping out as much as I could there as well. I feel cheated. :mad: Do I have any rights and what should I do? Thank you so much for your feedback.

Sue him in small claims in the county where he lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back