Back Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazeleyedmom

I am 21 years old and i use to live with a gaurdian, she is still recieving back child support from when i lived with her. I moved in with her around 2000 and moved out in 05 before i turned 18. I was told by a family member that there was a way that i could recieve the back child support. I was wondering if it was at all possible for me to recieve it and how would i go about doing that?

Last edited:
I am 21 years old and i use to live with a gaurdian, she is still recieving back child support from when i lived with her. I moved in with her around 2000 and moved out in 05 before i turned 18. I was told by a family member that there was a way that i could recieve the back child support. I was wondering if it was at all possible for me to recieve it and how would i go about doing that?

The child support was compensation owed to the guardian for the costs associated with caring for you. I don't believe there is any way that you can claim the money.

Why would you be awarded the money? The money goes to the person that cared for you. Since she incurred the cost in caring for you she is entitled to the back child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back