Baby's Last Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlostrom

My husband and I are separated and as of this time neither of us have filed any paperwork. I am about 8 1/2 months pregnant however, prior to this pregnancy I had a miscarriage which was determined that the cause was due to stress. That stress being caused by my previous job environment and my husband. For fear of medical related issues I would rather my husband not be allowed at the hospital during the birth of my child. At this time he does not even know when the baby is going to be born. Is there anything that says I have to tell him when the baby is being born so he can be there? Also, I never dropped my maiden name I just added his last name on to mine. Is there anything that says I have to give the child his last name?

Not in so many words. I just want to know if I have to let him know when the baby is being born? Does he have to be there?

The father has threatened several times to take the baby away. I don't need this drama while trying to give birth to my child or after. Basically I just don't want him there. As stated before due to the stress caused by him and my previous job I lost one child and had complications early in pregnancy with this one.

I don't think you have to let him see the child being born, but he does haev naming rights since you are married. I auggest you 2 learn how to get along. He is the legal father and he will likely have some rights to the child. Not allowing him to be present at the birth is not going to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back