Auto Repair Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoniaMuzi

I was rear ended and injured in an accident. At the scene fo the accident this tow truck came on its own and towed my car to a auto body shop. He made me sign that I don't have to pay the towing fee if I get it repaired from the shop. I went to shop and he gave me an estimate of $1800. I signed a reciept saying cost of repair would be $1800. Once car is finsihed and repaired he is asking $5000 for it. I didn't authorize any repair of $5000. Now he is threating me to put lein on my car and is not even returning my car. What can I do. What are my options. Should I pay him $5000 get my car back and then sue him for the extra overcharge in small claims court. Should I just sue him for value of my car. I don't know. They are complete rip off. I called DMV vehicle saftey department nad they said I can file complain with them but it is better to pay and get the car back and then complain as processing time is 6 weeks so I won't have my car back for those six weeks if I don't pay now. Completely confused what to do?????????
Please help......

It is just a reciept saying authorization to repair. and it says cost of repair $ 1800. that is all they gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back