auto dealer fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

amorse1985

I was in the process of buying a car, I negotiated an agreeable price for my trade and for the new vehicle. I had test drove a model of the car that I wanted the day before but did not want the color of the test drive vehicle. The salesman said they had the car and color I wanted on their lot and they would bring it out after the paper work. I signed the paperwork but my wife was not present to co-sign as I do not have sufficient credit to finance the vehicle at the rate I would like. When the paperwork was done the salesman took me outside to see my new car after it was done being detailed. When I went outside the car was the wrong one and wrong color. I said no way and thought the contract was void. I took home my old car and my wife did not sign. The dealership is saying now that I did buy the car even though there is no loan and no final contract. Also the paperwork shows a higher price and payment then I agreed to. Am I legally obligated to buy? Do I own the new vehicle? What are my rights?

As long as you never took delivery and exchanged your vehicle it appears the deal was never consummated.
There also appears no meeting of the minds ever occurred. That is you envisioned a mdel 123 in blue, and the dealer tried to sell you model 456 in green. You both must agree as to the same car, not similar cars, the exact car.

Just stay away from the lot. It appears you were almost fleeced. Thank goodness, you're the little sheep who got away.

Thank you so much for your help! So they have no legal right to pay off my loan behind my back through usaa and come take my vehicle? My wife and I are on the title and she has not signed any paperwork at all, also she is the primary on the loan because I was added to her usaa account after our marriage.

Thank you so much for your help! So they have no legal right to pay off my loan behind my back through usaa and come take my vehicle? My wife and I are on the title and she has not signed any paperwork at all, also she is the primary on the loan because I was added to her usaa account after our marriage.

That would be stupid, and likely illegal.
Without knowing more (don't reveal any more), its hard to say for sure.
But, that would be stupid.
To protect yourself, see if USAA will work with you to prevent them, from doing so.
However, if two people are on title, it takes both signatures to transfer title.
They were likely trying to bully you into completing the deal.
Yes, let's hope its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back