Auto-body Repair Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansteenwyk

I recently had some autobody work completed following an accident. The accident was caused by a city employee, therefore the city footed the bill directly for the body repairs. (Lowest bid ofcourse). I picked up the car last week and was informed that there was 2 things left to finish (small parts still on order). I am set to return it today to have the final parts installed, but have noticed a miriad of other problems; chipped paint, poorly installed parts, water pooling in the trunk, eppoxy on paint...,. Unfortunatly the bill has been paid.

I intend on discussing these additional issues with the repair shop, but am fairly certain I am not going to be handled appropriatly. They will say it is as good as it gets.

Can I dispute the charges on my credit card and seek resolution that way (hold something back)?

Should I seek an attornys help on the matter?

Does the city retain any liability in the matter?

Am I correct that the city should make me whole in this process. I feel that even if fixed properly my resale value of my 1 year old car is still reduced to the history of the damage. Can I seek compensation for this unrealized loss?

Thank you, this site rocks.

Can I dispute the charges on my credit card and seek resolution that way (hold something back)?

I thought you said the city paid for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back