Auto "accident" from 5 years ago. Now Im paying for it...

C

Ckks92

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was notified via mail that my license was suspended (in december 2016) because of a car accident I was in from 2012. (Let me add we were both going under 5 miles an hour in a parking lot) Apparently, without my knowledge the woman claimed she was injured. I didnt have the right insurance coverage so her insurance footed the bill and now I somehow owe a laywer hired by her insurance a couple thousand dollars and this is why It was suspended. I feel as though I did not have a fair chance to fight this case.. they said they tried contacting me through the years to appear in court. I didnt recieve anything! They never sent any paper work to the address provided on my license. I have begun to pay the lawyer just because I simply cant go without a license. Is there anything I can do to get a fair chance in fighting this case?! I feel like a victim. I truly believe I did not hurt this woman and she was taking advantage of the insurance company.

I was notified via mail that my license was suspended (in december 2016) because of a car accident I was in from 2012. (Let me add we were both going under 5 miles an hour in a parking lot) Apparently, without my knowledge the woman claimed she was injured. I didnt have the right insurance coverage so her insurance footed the bill and now I somehow owe a laywer hired by her insurance a couple thousand dollars and this is why It was suspended. I feel as though I did not have a fair chance to fight this case.. they said they tried contacting me through the years to appear in court. I didnt recieve anything! They never sent any paper work to the address provided on my license. I have begun to pay the lawyer just because I simply cant go without a license. Is there anything I can do to get a fair chance in fighting this case?! I feel like a victim. I truly believe I did not hurt this woman and she was taking advantage of the insurance company.

Sorry, if a legal matter has been settled (even without your presence or knowledge), res judicata applies.

The time to have appealed has long past.

However, a chapter seven bankruptcy will quickly dispose of the entire lawsuit, clear any liens, and eventually your driving privileges will be restored.

Friday call three local bankruptcy lawyers, make appointments, meet with them to discuss how a bankruptcy can make this all disappear, and much, much more.

Assuming that is, you qualify to file a BK.

Age 18, most likely the cheapest insurance possible. Liability only.

Which would have covered him for the injury (at least up to his policy limits).

The OP is not explaining himself very well. I was just trying to get him to provide some more information. Although at this point it's probably not even going to make a difference.

Back