Australian citizen, can I still be sued or arrested if I come into the US

T

tam72

Jurisdiction
California
My ex husband and I were involved in a car accident in the US in 2000 (we are both au citizens) We were in a hire car that was in both our names for insurance. My ex husband was driving and at fault. We received a letter from a solicitor around 12 months later stating we were getting sued by the members of the other car (millions!) We never acted on that letter or responded. I am travelling to the states in november and I am worried I will be arrested for this??

My ex husband and I were involved in a car accident in the US in 2000 (we are both au citizens) We were in a hire car that was in both our names for insurance. My ex husband was driving and at fault. We received a letter from a solicitor around 12 months later stating we were getting sued by the members of the other car (millions!) We never acted on that letter or responded. I am travelling to the states in november and I am worried I will be arrested for this??

If you're arrested in the US, it won't have anything to do with a civil lawsuit.

The only way anyone is arrested in the USA is related to alleged violations of our state or federal criminal laws.

Back