Credit Cards, Rating, Repair Attorney Retainer Contract Explanation (Drop Box Link with Documents)

HomerRulez

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan

I am about to hire an attorney and want to cover my basis with regard to making sure I am not taken advantage of/tricked in any way. I received a document to retain a lawyer and want to know what it stipulates as to better understand what I am signing. Please see the link below for the documents I was sent (personal info has been removed/replaced with sample names as to protect my identity and the law firms identity)

Thanks

EDIT: LINKS NOT ALLOWED. For anyone whos willing to help, I can PM the docs to you. Thanks again!

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan

I am about to hire an attorney and want to cover my basis with regard to making sure I am not taken advantage of/tricked in any way. I received a document to retain a lawyer and want to know what it stipulates as to better understand what I am signing. Please see the link below for the documents I was sent (personal info has been removed/replaced with sample names as to protect my identity and the law firms identity)

Thanks

EDIT: LINKS NOT ALLOWED. For anyone whos willing to help, I can PM the docs to you. Thanks again!

All I can suggest is to seek a consultation with another law firm (or lawyer) in your area.
Present the SAME issue to the new law firm, and discuss your hiring that firm.
They'll provide you a retainer agreement and you can compare the two (heck see a couple attorneys), or three, or more.
No one but you can decide if what you're signing is right for you.
You make that call.
But, you can also sit down with the current firm, and ask them to go over the retainer with you, explaining what each item means in layman's terms.
The fact you are being asked to sign a retainer says the firm is following the ABA area on ethics by requesting a signed retainer.
That retainer is the contract between you and your lawyer.
It should clearly explain what he or she will do, and what he or she will do when questions or barriers arise.
It also spells out clearly what the cost will be.
Take you time, make sure you understand.
So far, the firm seems to be doing things correctly.

Here's another link to use to check out the attorney(s):

http://www.adbmich.org/CHECKER.HTM

Good luck.

Back