attending Court Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveLujack

my wife locked me out of the house near a year ago ..
she took all our possessions, and moved

i got a job 1200 miles away ..

i have been to 5 of these "meetings", at great expense

now, my boss say's no more time off.. i had already taken off 6 weeks to attend these ..

my attorney tells me the judge will give my wife a default judgement, if i don't attend the next meeting ..

i keep expressing i want a telephone conference, but it seems i get no answer ...

any input for me ..??

Ask your lawyer to beg and plead for a telephone conference.

all i see is that the Court may claim Jurisdiction over the issue, since i did take out a NY marriage licence, but i do not see how they can claim Jurisdiction over me ..

another question ..

if i do appear, am I not becoming a subject of NYS ..??

They have jurisdiction because you fell into the trap.

Fire that worthless lawyer and consider suing him/her for malpractice.

You need to file a motion to have the phone conference, since your shyster hasn't seemed to have done that.

Your jurisdictional argument is a pipe dream at this point. YOu already submitted to it.

The only thing your shyster has told you that is correct, is that your wife will get a default judgement. Although they can be overturned, it's a pain in the butt.

You need to learn how to file your own papers. Only two people need lawyers: 1-underage persons, 2-mentally incompetent. Do you fall into one of these? If not, then why did you hire a shyster?

explain further, please ..

i did try to represent myself ..

the Court would not respond to my communications

How did you "communicate" with the court? The squeeky wheel gets the attention. YOu can't simply call or go into a court room and talk sense. There is none. YOu have to file.

further, they did not list my correct name, as my wife tried to hide the Petition, by using a wrong middle initial

It means less than nothing. They can ammend it at anytime. Have you or that shyster responded to the petitioin in writting?

What do you mean by "court meetings"? Either you're in court or your not. Are you in some form of mediatioin?

I'd call that shyster of yours and ask if his malpractice insurance is paid up. He got you into this pickle. :yes:

discovery meetings..

a waste of time as you sit remote from the two attorneys and the judges aide

i filed a counterclaim, as my wife was not only physically abusive to me and my dogs, but had forged my name on business checks, skimming $40,000 for drugs before i caught on, Adultery, as a threesome with her friends attorney so there is a witness ..

but it seems no one cares one whit ...

as i was told " we don't need to embarass an attorney, they'll just deny it anyways " by my attorney .

i told him i want these people deposed, and i will prosecute under NY penal law 255.17

they have financially damaged me by their actions

nobody really seems to care

discovery meetings..

a waste of time as you sit remote from the two attorneys and the judges aide

i filed a counterclaim, as my wife was not only physically abusive to me and my dogs, but had forged my name on business checks, skimming $40,000 for drugs before i caught on, Adultery, as a threesome with her friends attorney so there is a witness ..

but it seems no one cares one whit ...

as i was told " we don't need to embarass an attorney, they'll just deny it anyways " by my attorney .

i told him i want these people deposed, and i will prosecute under NY penal law 255.17

they have financially damaged me by their actions

nobody really seems to care

I hear ya buddy! Nobody listens. Don't be so down, it's far from being done, and you can turn it around.

Check your pm's, I sent you some info.

I guess we can see how your ex is "paying" her shyster fee's. It could be worse, she could have slept with your shyster.

Do you still have this lawyer or are you on your own now?

i'm on my second attorney, the first , and i had a falling out because all it seems she wanted was for me to take the big ride ..

but, it seems i have the same problem again ..

the local attorneys are all part of the NYS divorce court

'buddy" system

Get rid of your lawyer. Step up.

Steve, you are already into discovery, there is no question of jurisdiction at this point. NONE.

I explained this, this is how lawyers work. Anyone with even limited legal knowledge would have had this shit canned. But, a lawyer is NOT paid to do that, they are there for MONEY. When you learn that, and realize that you can defend yourself with a short lesson in the basics, you'll be happier, and feel better..

i think the most important point here for me ..

is .. how can I appear, and not be a "Subject" of NYS

It's to late for you, but next time you file under "Special Apperence in Propria Persona". Pro se is different. This way you don't subject yourself to jurisdiction on an issue.

Personal jurisdiction should have been challenged and a motion to dismiss should have been filed.

Didn't I send you a private message that had some info in it? It's not to late to do something. With a lawyer, which they seem hell bound on loosing your case, the cost is just to great. Financially and emotionally. They don't care. Lawyers are evil, and are there only to feed the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back