attacked, and scared please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFEVANS

i was attacked around 1 month ago, and gave full statement to the police and informed them i wanted to prosecute,and went straight to get medical attention, i suffered what the doctors think is a prolapsed disc in my neck, and gouge marksks on neck, also bruises on face and back. since the attack i was threatened twice by the person and informed the police of this, they didnt even go round to warn attacker not to have contact with me which they promised me they would do, and of the adresses to contact witnesses, i tried to get an update on my case at least 5-6 times in the past month the police have informed me this morning that they interviewed the person who attacked me last night and she is claiming self defence so the case has been closed with no further action, i asked the police how could she claimthis if i had witnesses that saw the incident from across the street and also the attackers next door buck one nieghbour , he informed me that this informatiojn was not passed on to himself so no witnesses were questioned and also that he didnt realise that my injuries were that bad, what can i do to get some justice, i reported the crime within 1 minute of it happening and spoke to the original police officer on three consecutive nights please could you advise me what to do. i really think taht the person who attacked me is mentally unstable and with no recourse form the police will do so again.

Last edited:
Just try complaining to the cops again.......Show them your medical reports…..try different cops and ask to see a supervisor and keep going higher. You could also talk to a local council man for help. He would help them revisit the case...........Keep making noise until some hears you..........

As was suggested, you can complain to supervisors to see if someone will take some action. However, there is no legal obligation for the police to conduct an investigation - much less, a thorough one.

If, for whatever reason, the police feel they have too weak a case to take to trial then you might consider a lawsuit against your attacker. The burden of proof in a civil suit is much lower than for a criminal case.

Remember, what might seem obvious to YOU might not be so obvious to the police, the DA, or a court. They have to prove the matter beyond a reasonable doubt. People witnessing a fight does not mean that you were not the aggressor in the matter. There could be a number of pieces that make this case difficult.

Were either or both of you inebriated? High? Do you have a history of assaults by one or the other? There could be a number of factors that play into this.

Also consider obtaining a restraining order if this is possible in your state for this situation.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back