At least 2 LMPD officers shot in downtown Louisville protest Wednesday night

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Kentucky
The violence exploded in Louisville tonight as two LMPD officers were shot!
May God continue to protect our brave, fearless first responders.

louisvilleresidentshocked.png

At least two Louisville Metro Police officers were shot in downtown Louisville Wednesday night, just eight hours after an indictment was returned in the Breonna Taylor case.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed the number of officers to The Courier Journal.

One officer was shot in the abdomen below their bulletproof vest and is in surgery, and a second was shot in the thigh, according to the source.

MetroSafe said it received reports the shooting occurred at South Brook Street and Broadway Avenue.

Max Gersh, a photographer working for The Courier Journal, said he saw "a line of officers move toward a gas station with rifles up. Shortly after, they had somebody pinned to the ground and cuffed." He said he wasn't there when the officers got shot.

I don't believe that shooting cops is justified either.

But I have wondered for a long time, though I have not voiced it until now, how many of these alleged "protesters" really have a political agenda in mind and how many really just like the excuse to destroy things and shoot people in the name of a socially correct cause?

I don't believe that shooting cops is justified either.

But I have wondered for a long time, though I have not voiced it until now, how many of these alleged "protesters" really have a political agenda in mind and how many really just like the excuse to destroy things and shoot people in the name of a socially correct cause?

It is certainly >0 and likely very much higher.

how many of these alleged "protesters" really have a political agenda in mind and how many really just like the excuse to destroy things and shoot people in the name of a socially correct cause?

I'm just speculating here, but I've seen these riots, err "protests" occur for over 55 years.

There are several trends I've observed over the decades: arson, Molotov cocktails, looting, pillaging, shootings, stabbings, aggressive actions toward law enforcement, refusal to disperse when ordered to do so by police, breaking lawful curfew orders, and other "mob" like activities.

I suppose the observations could be called anything, I prefer to call them riots.

I have also observed many peaceful protests that The Rev. Dr. Martin L. King conducted.
I've observed peaceful protesters, respecting property rights, obeying lawful orders of the police, praying silently, and overall respect of society's laws.

Contrasting the latter protests to the former, one can easily see that these current "protests" are anything but peaceful.

Within hours of the announcement that the cops would not be charged with murder in
Louisville a U Haul truck shows up. These are not spontaneous peaceful protest.

Who is paying the cost of them?

Back