Assault & Battery Assaulted by my mother in law and I'm pregnant

Cbays

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I'm three months pregnant and last night I was assaulted by my mother in law and she was taken to jail. She got out on bond this morning and now can't have contact with me or my family and we are waiting to go to court ...what can they do at court for her assaulting me while being pregnant

That depends on what the DA decides to have MIL charged with.

I'm three months pregnant and last night I was assaulted by my mother in law and she was taken to jail. She got out on bond this morning and now can't have contact with me or my family and we are waiting to go to court ...what can they do at court for her assaulting me while being pregnant

She, as would be you, are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

I suggest you focus on birthing a healthy child, and not waste one more second worrying about what might happen to the mother of your husband, or your marriage.

what can they do at court for her assaulting me while being pregnant

How and why did she assault you and what were the resulting injuries, if any?

Worst case scenario she can be charged with a felony and spend some years in prison.

Or, she might just get a fine and probation and get sent home.

She hit me in my stomach ...the baby is fine ..but she wasn't suppose to be at my house to start with the cops told her that last month

She hit me in my stomach ...the baby is fine ..but she wasn't suppose to be at my house to start with the cops told her that last month

Thank goodness the baby is well.
If she reappears, don't open the door, don't talk with her, just call "911" and report she's back violating the restraining order.

How does your husband feel about his mother being arrested and all?

He's testifying against her ...he said she took it to far ...she doesn't like me cause I married him ...but that's no reason to assault someone

Back