assaulted at work by co worker

loverboy

I was thteatened by a coworker at work. She was very angry yelling accusations towards me while pointing a butcher knife within 3 feet of me. The previous week I was off and she made it known to 2 store assistant managers and a department head that she was looking for me. None of them did a thing to prevent this assault. Also my employer and coworkers know she has a very violent background. Several arrests and incarcerations some of which were assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence. My manager talked to her she admitted to the assault and she assured him it wouldn't happen again. In fear of my safety I have resigned. No one seems to want to take any responsibility. What should I do?? I'm emoitionally a mess!

I was thteatened by a coworker at work. She was very angry yelling accusations towards me while pointing a butcher knife within 3 feet of me. The previous week I was off and she made it known to 2 store assistant managers and a department head that she was looking for me. None of them did a thing to prevent this assault. Also my employer and coworkers know she has a very violent background. Several arrests and incarcerations some of which were assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence. My manager talked to her she admitted to the assault and she assured him it wouldn't happen again. In fear of my safety I have resigned. No one seems to want to take any responsibility. What should I do?? I'm emoitionally a mess!

What you SHOULD have done, maybe even COULD have done, you allowed to slip away.
Your failure to call the police WHEN the event occurred, well that's why you're in the BOX.
Good luck....

It sounds like from your post you were threatened & not actually assaulted. You should have called the police at the time. You said you resigned. You will need to look for other employment. You can apply for unemployment ins. though generally you do not receive UI when you resign. However, it is up to the state to decide if you qualify.

Back