Assault & Battery Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momofgirls

My husband confronted a neighbor about an obscene gesture he made to our 9 year old daughter. My husband thought this would be a simple verbal encounter. My husband was standing 20ft a way from the man, who was in his gated yard. The man jumped his fence and proceeded to assault my husband who ended up having a broken nose and several staples in his head but the man was not arrested when the cops came and only received a simple assault charge. The man has a past criminal record of violence and jail time. I feel a bigger charge should have been made.

This is something that needs to be addressed to the prosecuting attorney. Your District Attorney's office determines which charges to proceed with, not the police. It its possible the police did not adequately document the extent of the injuries.

Madam, I hope your hubby is in the mend. I wish him a speedy and full recovery. I'm glad your child wasn't touched by that Perv.

The previous poster gave good advice. I'll suggest two more options: when hubby can stand the strain, have him contact an attorney about bringing a civil lawsuit against this creep, now that hubby has received medical care, reach out to the officer(s) who responded and tell them just how bad he was hurt.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back