Assault & Battery Assault causing bloodiy injury.

Wale

Jurisdiction
Texas
I was charged for assault and the court case is still going on. I will like to know if that will affect my filling in for green card? Its a misdemeanor. Because am panning to file in now.

You might run it by an immigration attorney if you believe the misdemeanor might affect your application for a green card.

To be on the safe side, discuss with an immigration attorney as suggested. You could also ask the USCIS if you want to do that.

I was charged for assault and the court case is still going on. I will like to know if that will affect my filling in for green card? Its a misdemeanor. Because am panning to file in now.

Yes, your violent tendencies to pound on an innocent person could very well end up with the immigration authorities deporting your violent carcASS back to your home nation.

You've been very naughty, and it should teach you to control the violent, cruel, tendencies you learned in the third world nation of your birth.

Ignore the above assumptions and commentary on your country of origin. USCIS does not care from what country you hail, nor whether your offense was classified as a misdemeanor or felony. That has no bearing. You can see here what offenses render one deportable or bar immigrant status. IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT | USCIS

Back