Asking reimbursements-overcharged premiums in past

Status
Not open for further replies.

noluck

Can we get reimbursements of auto insurance premium based on wrong driven miles info my agent never changed? If so how far back? 5years? 10years? More?
I asked agent. The answer was no because it is the past policy.
After I finally found out and told the agent to change annual driven miles, my premium dropped $100/6months. The agent have never asked annual driven miles but checked odometer yearly to check how much we had driven. So basically it is same as telling our annual driven miles. But policy was always 18K(was 30K with 2 car).Our driven miles are 3K~4K all the time. Also it is not in the policy disclosers in writing so we could not find out for while.
Can I sue the agent or insurance co. for the money which is their putting wrong info/charging too much for a long time and value of time I have to dealing with it?
Or is there other better way to get reimbursements at least?
Or we just have to walk way with tears as usual from such negligence, unfair, unreasonable ,unfaithful bad practices??
Also,is there anyone who has same kind of experience? any luck?

Last edited:
You could start with your insurance agent.
I have seen people pursue similar issues and get refunds.
My insurance agent had not included the alarm discount on my homeowners policy for the last 10 years.
I questioned this, and we received an adjustment for the entire 10 years from the carrier.
So, give it a try.

Thank you.
I got hope!!
I already asked to my agent, and rejected.
I will try Insurance Co.directly.
I checked CA Gov. site, says same way.
By the site,it is fraud, and seems common.
It says people are over charged $500/yr avarage.
And if insurance Co. reject it,
I can file a claim to gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back