Asked to send a work related email after i clock out.

rageice

I work for (deleted), working as a Samsung experience store consultant. It is a great job, I love the people i help and the people i work with. I don't mind filling out mindless things that are work related. My problem is that my market manager asks all of us to send her:

Name:

Employee ID#:

Clock In:

Clock Out:

Lilo Code:

Hot Topics Completed:

Smart Updates Completed:

What is your individual goal for today?

Did we meet/exceed individual goal?

If yes, what contributed to this success today? OR

What opportunities did we face that prevented our goal attainment?

The only way to get the Lilo code is to log out, Lilo stands for log in log out. This take maybe a minute or so but after doing it every day.... for the last year i feel maybe i should be getting paid for that time. Maybe i am just blowing this out of proportion, tell me if i am not.

I am afraid to say anything because I feel like i would then be a target and I like the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 5 seconds it takes to wrote down the code after you log out would not be compensable. Fill out the report except for that while on the clock and just add the time at the end. Even if the whole form takes a minute to complete, don't bank on getting paid by the minute. Even if they were to pay for this time, you are talking about less than a quarter per shift, before taxes.

Back