Articles on this site

AmandaGrace123

Hello, I just signed up for thelaw.com and wanted to know-- the articles posted on here, are they only attorneys that do so?
Also, if the requirements are met, are students/clerks welcome to post articles as well?
Thank you!

Hello, I just signed up for thelaw.com and wanted to know-- the articles posted on here, are they only attorneys that do so?
Also, if the requirements are met, are students/clerks welcome to post articles as well?
Thank you!

If you are referring to the questions and answers in the discussion forums both lawyers and non lawyers participate.

If you are referring to the "law guides" it appears that attorneys write those:

Law Guide | TheLaw.com

I don't know what it would take for somebody to submit a "law guide" but there's a "contact us" link toward the bottom of the page where you can likely inquire of the webmasters.

If I haven't properly answered your question you'll have to define "articles."

Thank you!

The owner of the site, aka, lawprofessor oversees what gets published.

He peruses the site regularly.

I'm sure he'll see your question and respond appropriately.

He's a very well known, respected attorney.

If you are referring to the questions and answers in the discussion forums both lawyers and non lawyers participate.

If you are referring to the "law guides" it appears that attorneys write those:

Law Guide | TheLaw.com

I don't know what it would take for somebody to submit a "law guide" but there's a "contact us" link toward the bottom of the page where you can likely inquire of the webmasters.

If I haven't properly answered your question you'll have to define "articles."

Where it says "submit an article" under Law Journal.

Which, had you clicked on it, would have provided you with instructions on how to submit an article and/or contact the webmasters:

http://www.thelaw.com/law/add

It's clear that non-lawyers are permitted to submit articles for the Law Journal.
Hello, thanks for your response adjusterjack. It was not clear to me, that's why I posted a thread. Thanks again for your concern and perhaps you'll see an article from me posthaste.

Which, had you clicked on it, would have provided you with instructions on how to submit an article and/or contact the webmasters:

http://www.thelaw.com/law/add

It's clear that non-lawyers are permitted to submit articles for the Law Journal.

Additionally, if they are able to be posted by the genpub, it doesn't necessarily mean they are well-received. I just wanted to feel it out; there is no reason to be snub especially to someone who is new to group, my friend.

Hello and welcome to TheLaw.com. I've been away for a few days this week and apologize for the slightly tardy reply. High quality contributions are always welcome here. While attorneys are the primary contributors for obvious reasons, legal professionals (e.g. people who work in litigation support teams, legal vendors, paralegals and law clerks) probably have relevant and valuable information and suggestions to share. The Law Review will be opening shortly and will feature the work of law students, academics and efforts of a scholarly nature.

As to the types of articles that are accepted for the Law Guide or Law Journal, it's a professional judgment call. Typically they are articles which (1) are clearly useful and beneficial to readers, (2) are from an ostensibly reliable and credible source, and (3) contain high quality writing. You can read more about our quality and editorial guidelines. We do have general news articles in the Law Journal, several which are being published next week and written by non-lawyers (laypersons) who have a background in news reporting. Some of the articles are interesting, amusing and informative, also written by people who aren't lawyers. Articles that discuss and may represent an explanation of the law will typically require some recognized legal proficiency for obvious reasons.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Additionally, if they are able to be posted by the genpub, it doesn't necessarily mean they are well-received. I just wanted to feel it out; there is no reason to be snub especially to someone who is new to group, my friend.

Back