Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse arrested-pills in wrong vial, but hane legal rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycleteacher

I wastold that Michigan had the law changed last year. If you do have alegal rx in your name that you can "carry them in a zip lock bag if you want". Is this correct? I was arrested for possession of percocet and charged with felony possession. PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE!

What crime statute were you charged with? That statute may address the issue of the marked bottles. Or, it may be a simple possession charge that can be cleared up with a doctor and a pharmacist testifying that those pills were consistent with your prescription.

arrested

I was charged with CS Poss coc/heroin/narc l/25 (possession of a controlled substance). I had 25 pills on me but they were in the wrong bottle. They were the EXACT rx.I had put some in the smaller bottle because my Dr. prescribes me 180 per month. The bottle was almost completely full. I had $40.00 in cash on me. The RX was filled 1 week prior to the arrest and I still have the balance of the pills.
Actually, I had fired 2 employees. They knew I was on this medication. They set me up by calling in a "tip", telling the police I was selling pills at a diner. They had obviously followed me to know where I was. I was meeting a 70 year old business consultant at the time for lunch. The police checked him out, treated him like crap and let him go. They refused to call my pharmacy or Dr., seized my truck, cell phone and $40.00 cash and took me to jail. I spent the night in lockup and was released on bond. My ex-employees knowing that if I was locked up or couldn't leave the state could literally take over my business (vending) at an out of state show.
I am pretty sure I can beat the case, but I really need it dropped. I was told that the law was changed in Michigan last year and as long as I have a legal script I could carry my pills any way I wish. I shouldn't have been arrested. The police neglected to do any investigation, just "jumped" on the tip.

Thanks

Waaaait... Why would the cops have followed you to that diner? And why would an ex employee of yours randomly say you dealt these pills at this diner and you show up at that exact diner for lunch? People don't just make stuff up like that. Also, why do your employees know what meds you're on? Something just doesn't make sense, and It's VERY unlikely that the judge will believe this story. I can't get myself to believe it.

Waaaait... Why would the cops have followed you to that diner? And why would an ex employee of yours randomly say you dealt these pills at this diner and you show up at that exact diner for lunch? People don't just make stuff up like that. Also, why do your employees know what meds you're on? Something just doesn't make sense, and It's VERY unlikely that the judge will believe this story. I can't get myself to believe it.

cycleteacher is not here to be put on trial. I personally do not know the answer to your question but I know you didnt come here to here a bunch of crap.

Well, I am glad that you weren't my Judge. All charges were dismissed. You sound like a cop. What I said was true. A fired employee was attempting to take over part of my business my causing me to not be able to leave the state. Yes, it sounds weird, but it is horribly true. Now I will begin civil action against the police dept and also press embezzelment charges against this ex-employee.
I had a legal rx for those pills.I even had proof in my vechicle. The cops would not allow me to find the papers and only searched for weapons and other drugs. Even though I told them that a valid copy of the rx was in the vechicle. SOME cops are really stupid. I was hoping to get a smart detective but just my luck i got a dumb one who just seems to go through the motions.

Thanks for your support. I went to court 2day. All charges were dismissed with predjudice.

Good for you, but you're not out of jeopardy yet.

Do you understand the "with prejudice" part?

It means the charges can be brought again.

It means that the state can fix any problems with their case.

It means they still have their sites on you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back