Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI ARRESTED out of the blue

fellunii

My friend was at the dps office getting his finger print card when they pulled him to the side and arrested him,the charges where a agg dui with person under 15 x2 but this happened in 2009 and he went to jail but everything was compltly dissmissed ,but then apparently in dec of 2009 there was a dco FILED these are the original charges
PPD13905963 1 ASSAULT INTENTIONAL, KNOWING-PHYS INJ 4/13/2009 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PPD13905963 2 ASSAULT INTENTIONAL, KNOWING-PHYS INJ 4/13/2009 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT
PPD13905963 3 CRIMINAL DAMAGE< $250- DEFACING PROPER 4/13/2009 COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT

theres no other charges here for dui, back then his license was suspended ,for like 3 months if that, he had to talk to some lady at terros ,who would decide if he needed further help with a alcohol problem,she spoke to him and said she wasnt requesting any services for him, once he had that paper he was able to get his license back,end of story ......then this random arrest for a failure to appear but the records show he was never served because the mail was returned .
1/27/2010 002 - ME: Hearing Vacated D 2
1/20/2010 Initial Appearance P 1
1/20/2010 Initial Appearance D 2
1/6/2010 RTM - Returned Mail or Returned/ReMailed Mail D 2
12/14/2009 SUM - Summons D 2
12/14/2009 DCO - Direct Complaint
this is going to get him fired , I am just wondering wouldn't we have the charges in writing? i have the other 3 they where issued on a traffic citation , he hasn't been in any trouble, this all seems weird to me ,and makes no sense. when he was arrested and went before the judge the judge OR'D him specifically because he was never served a notice. I also asked my friend if he seen the charges he said no. we really do not know what to do here,he has had the same job for 11 years, yes this was a stupid fight we had... but in april of 2009. i would really appreciate some guidance here we are a mess over this we have 2 small boys 5& newly turned 7 , this is causing indescribable stress and the tremendous risk of being fired and losing our home over this.

We all reap what we've sown.
If you plant bitter fruits, you reap bitter fruits.
Bottom line, this wont get sorted until he pleads not guilty, hires a lawyer (or requests a public defender).
Right now, all he can do is wait.
Good luck.

Back