Arrested for shoplifting

U

Unknown123

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I'm 17 and me and my friend were caught shoplifting I'm under age so the cops were called at waltmart, they questioned us and we end up getting arrested and were taken to police station where they finger printed us and took our picture, the item was no more then 7$ and was returned, after being finger printed they just took me home to my parents and was not given a court date, how ever my friend did get a court date but he is 18 what can I expect, I also have a clean record.

I also have a clean record.

Not any more.

However, as a minor, it's likely to be harmless.

You might get a civil demand from the store, which I advise you to pay immediately and that might be the end of it if the authorities decide not to prosecute.

You're just going to have to sweat out your stupidity for a while.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. There is a STRONG likihood you will get some form of contact letting you or your parents know of coming court date. In mean time consult a lawyer to discuss defense options. Be sure to ask about deferral sentencing to protect your record. In regards to Civil Demand it sin your best interest to pay this. Its a Civil fine (unrelated to court) somewhere between $50.00 to $1000.00 depending on state and circumstances of event. here are two links that should prove helpful

A recent writing of mine - Parent Nook Forums

Civil Recovery

Back