Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Arrest record - DWAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newdui

I was arrested due to DWI (Driving while intoxicated). I went to court on firts appeanrence and my DWI(criminal -misdimeanor) case was reduced to DWAI (Traffic infraction) and case was diposed( Before appearing court, I taken alchocol test and result is no treat requirment requirement , Victim Impact program 2 hr class).

The judege asked to pay fines and 90 days licence suspension and paid all and submited all documents ( Alchocl test and Victim impact program). I paid all in the first apperence and got court certificate and it said the status of case was disposed ( charged under Vechicle & Trafficlaw 1192(1) - Traffic violation only)

Now my doubts are as follows.

1) After that I approached the court clerk to close/seal my case. Clerk said it is a traffic infraction, no need of sealing - Is it true?
2) Even though I was charged in traffic infraction by the court, when I was arrested by police, I was charged DWI (midimeanor) - what about my arrest record ( fingerprints & photo taken when I was arrested ) - will it be erased automatically?

2) Will I get a criminal record in FBI? or they wont send my records to FBI (because of traffic infraction)?

3) How I can take a federal action to close/erase my record (if it is in FBI)?

4) How I can erase my police record?

Your charge was reduced due to the plea not because you were not DUI……at least that is what I gather from your post. Arrest records are never destroyed at the FBI. You can't get rid of it. You should talk to your criminal attorney about how to seal the arrest record. A traffic infraction does not look bad but I see you are trying to hide the arrest record. You can't without sealing or expunging your case. There is a process in every state with the rules. I told you earlier……read earlier post in immigration…..The record would not go away alone. You could try sealing alone or get a lawyer to seal it. Once arrested even for a traffic infraction, it creates a record which spreads to all law enforcing agencies. You can work to seal the case so it hides the arrest from the public. The arrest record would show DUI reduce to whatever it was. So seal it and don't listen to the clerk since you don't want people to know about the arrest. Even some lawyer don't know the FBI does not destroy any record……they turn to make people feel expunging give you a clean record at every level, which is not true. Expunging or sealing do not apply to them. They would comply about not realizing to public but would have it and reveal it when exceptions apply. They are exempt from destroying records…………Only most lawyer with immigration backgrounds have learned this the hard way. In most states if not all DUIs cannot be expunged. The FBI will not delete your record even if you were found not guilty or charges dropped. Expunging a record erases it from the police, public, courts and other law enforcement except the FBI. Sealing leaves it open to law enforcement but closes it to the Public (including employers…..). If you spend a few minutes researching even online, you would confirm this….Just give your IMMIGRATION lawyer a call or email if you need to double check he would confirm this…………instead of posting the same question over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back