army reserves vs work

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopjoshr

so i called this construction company seeing if they have any work available they call me back and ask if i can work the next day, i said i think so he tells me where and what time. i get a call from a SGT in my unit saying we have something to take care of the next day. i called the construction company and inform then via voice mail and i get one back saying he doesn't buy it and that i should not show up.

should i give him a letter to prove that i had another obligation?

Unfortunately, employers can change their minds when it comes to their available job openings so if they decide that they don't want to offer you the job, they are allowed to do so no matter what the circumstances.

correction

actually they can't, we have had briefings explaining to us that they can not fire you or let you go if military obligation should arise.

So they had work available on such and such a day and you were not available due to your reserve duty.

What did you expect them to do? Hold the job open until you were available again? YOU called THEM asking for work - THEY didn't call YOU.

the only reason he didn't hold the job from what his vmail was that he thought i was lying because i didn't want to work

In which case he didn't refuse you work because of your reserve duty, did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back