Consumer Law, Warranties Arizona Pawn Contract MZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

XOXOFINE

I have a pawn loan contract that has me paying additional fees and charges not stated in the contract of the loan. Here is my example:
The Pawn Contract says:
SECURITY INTEREST: To secure my payment of this Loan and Security/Agreement, I herby grant Lender a security interest in the pledge goods described herein, together with the proceeds thereof. I am the owner of the pledged goods free and clear of all security interest liens. For Value Received, I promise to pay to the Lender, on or before the Maturity Date, the Amount Financed, plus all accrued interest and fees set forth in this Loan and Security Agreement. The rate of interest shall be 8% per month, for the first two months and 6% per month thereafter, prorated daily, except that if payment in full is made and the pledge goods redeemed within two months of the Transaction Date, then I will pay interest for two months. All disclosures required by federal or state law shall be deemed to be terms and conditions of the Loan and Security Agreement.

Fees: In addition to interest, I agree to pay the following fees upon redemption or renewal:

* $5.00 Initial Setup Fee.
* $5.00 Firearm fee for handling each firearm.
* $7.50 Lost Claim ticket charge.
* $5.00 Storage Fee per month or any portion thereof, for items or pledged goods other than
vehicles that exceed one cubic foot in volume.
* A fee or charge equal to the amount of any fee, tax imposition or assessment levied or imposed by any government agency in connection with or as a result of any reportable transaction.

You signed the loan contract.
You took the money.
If the fees or charges are incorrect, I suggest you discuss them with the shop.
You can also seek guidance with the state agency that oversees pawn shops.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back