Deportation, Re-entry Are these offenses cause for deportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

2geez68

Hi,

I'm wanting to know if the following is cause for deportation from the US for a Visa holder:

1. Welfare fraud - by welfare fraud I mean applying for welfare benefits such as food stamps and SSI for children but not disclosing large sums of money one has in bank accounts that are overseas in their home country. (the amount saved from property sales for this person is about 70,000 USD)

2. Working for cash - babysitting and being paid under the table (amt is about $500) per month.

Also if anyone can recommend any sites to research this further I would appreciate it.

thanks.

If any of the charges are proven in court..............they are all deportable if found guilty and depending on the sentence. If they amount to crimes under immigrations petty crime exception, the person will not be deportable if they still have a valid visa. The answer to your question will depend on the class if the charge brought. But to give you a strait answer, they are deportable crimes(CIMT) depending on the exact charges brought. Sometimes the charge will depend on how much the total fraud is.......and was it prompted by need or just taking advantage of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back