Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

forever

i am working on an appeal of a muder conviction that was merged because of a f2child endangering charge. we got acquitted of feloniousassault but both child endangering and feloniousassault were put inside the murder count. doesnt this make them both elements that have to be proven to get the murder count. and if not how. what other way could they have done this if they don't have to prove both elements?

i am working on an appeal of a murder conviction that was merged because of a f2child endangering charge.

Good luck with that, even experienced criminal defense attorneys know not to troll in those waters.

we got acquitted of feloniousassault but both child endangering and felonious assault were put inside the murder count. doesnt this make them both elements that have to be proven to get the murder count. and if not how.

Again, good for you.

I suggest you ask the court to appoint you a criminal appellate attorney.
At least inquire if you qualify for such assistance.

Before you begin to plan the appeal, you need to completely understand "appellate review", "criminal law trial procedure", and "appellate procedure" in your state.

If you already have court appointed counsel, I suggest you coordinate EVERYTHING with him or her.

what other way could they have done this if they don't have to prove both elements?

Now, its time to stop and acquaint yourself with the things I listed above.
This is basic, and if you fail to understand this, you'll only aid in your further demise.
There is now way you could acquire enough knowledge via the internet to do anything but damage your case and chances at freedom, a reversal of your verdict, or even obtaining a new trial.
I suggest you abandon this attempt at self help.
It won't hasten the time for your matter to be heard.
It will only further damage you.
Criminal appeals is no place for amateurs, and even experienced trial attorneys know NOT to step into that area.
Your efforts are only further harming your chances at appellate relief.
That's your decision, as the right your to counsel is supremely and uniquely yours, and yours alone!
Finally, appeals can take years to be heard.
Your efforts will not speed up the process or decrease your waiting timne for your matter to be heard; assuming the appellate court chooses to hear it.
Any good trial lawyer knows that there's even a more limited chance to seek relief for your client in appeals that at trial.
Again, I wish you well.

Last edited:
You need to ask your lawyer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back