any chance of fighting this speeding ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etidd

department: cobb county, ga p.d.

i got a speeding ticket late last night. no one on the road... just me blazing up the trail. got stopped. ticketed- fair and square.

HOWEVER... the cop was not using his radar or laser. on the citation, the device listed for the citation was "patrol vehicle", and it says.. 70 in 45. how the hell is that credible? no laser? no radar?

is there any chance of pleading not guilty and fighting that because the cop will not be present in court on my court date? getting out of the sure $200-$300 they will pull out of my ass would be awesome! :eek:

Sure, it might get kicked if the cop fails to appear.

But, it might just be continued.

Why not investigate taking an online traffic school?

That is a sure dismissal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A radar/laser is not required.
How do you suppose they did it years ago before radar was an option?

Usually what I see in this case (because my agency does not have radar installed in the vehicles) is that the officer will cite for the 70 in a 45, but will make a notation elsewhere on the ticket of the actual higher speed that was paced. You may not see that notation. It may only be on the officer's copy. In court he would explain that his reason for the stop was for pacing you at a particular speed, and cited for a lower speed.

i think i saw something like that on the citation, but from past experiences, most officers tell you they did that to help you out.

down a hill... 3-lane parkway... speed limit 45 mph?!?! unbelievable, and so is a $200+ fine for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back